The Perkins Family

April 19, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

My birthday was 2 days ago and I'd have to say it was probably the best birthday I've had. Brent has always been good at suprising me. I went downstairs to eat breakfast, which was waiting, and there was a card on the table. We dropped off Brooke to preschool, and he took me to get an hour massage. He dropped me off and while I was waiting, a lady walked in delivering a dozen HUGE red roses. My massage was absolutely wonderful. I wanted to lay there and take a nap. I walked into the waiting room and my sister was sitting there. I thought what a coincidence she was getting a massage today too. Dumb me. Brent had picked her kids up on his way back home. She was to pick me up, take me to lunch and go shopping for a while. I enjoyed every bit. We met Brent, and the four kids at the mall in the afternoon. Teresa then took all the kids back to her house. So Brent and I did some more shopping, ate Bahama Bucks, and picked them back up around 8pm, I think. The whole day was GREAT. I love my wonderful husband. He is perfect. Thanks Teresa for helping make my birthday a relaxing one.

Last night, while some husbands were away at our wards fathers and sons campout, some girls and kids got together to eat and visit. I told Brent I'd only be gone an hour. I think he knows by now, that I don't ever really mean that. It ended up being about 2 1/2 hours. I came home to a spotless house. Need I say more.... He's wonderful.

Can I also say just how much I love my family and friends and how lucky I am. They are amazing. Thanks for all the birthday calls.

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow Cindy, tell Brent I am MIGHTY impressed! You deserve to have the best birthday!

Paul and Hilari Howard-- said...

You do have a great husband but I am positive that you are a great wife! You are both so fun and a neat couple to be around. I am glad you had a great birthday!

Megan said...

I found you!! :) Not like it was hard... I need to add all of the ward people I know to my blogroll(ok like the 5 people I know...)

Your girls are super cute and I'm so jealous of your birthday!

Amanda said...

I'm a bad friend! Happy Birthday!!! i'm so jealous that your husband puts on such a big show. :) Glad you had a great one!

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh that is so sweet. What a great hubby. You guys are cute. That sound like a perfect Birthday to me. And your husband planned it all by himself, that's very impressive.

The Urling Family said...

Wow! I didn't know my brother could pull off something like that! You deserve it Cindy, you are such an amazing wife and mother! Brent is really lucky to have you in his life! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you guys so much and can't wait to see in you in May!

CDR said...

I am so glad it was a great day. Brent is an awesome husband. For his birthday I promise not to wake him up for a whole month when I call. :)

Tina Upson said...

WOW Cindy I have been missing you but with a day like that and that husband of yours I am sure the feeling isn't quite so mutual!!

Ami Bethea said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Cindy!! Sounds like Breant spoiled you rotten! That's awesome, exactly how a birthday should be. Glad you had a fun day!

Ami Bethea said...

Sorry Brent, I don't know how I didn't catch that misspell.

Jon and Heather said...

Wow, I didn't know all that about your birthday! What a great husband!! What a great birthday! Talk about doing it right! But, of course, if anyone deserved to have a fabulous birthday, it is you! It's nice to see you found a husband to match your greatness! =)