The Perkins Family

October 31, 2008

FAMILY


We just got back from Utah. My Grandpa Hardman passed away quite suddenly last week. It was a sad yet sweet time knowing he now gets to be with my Grandma Hardman who passed away just less than a year ago and their daughter, my aunt, Cheryl. We will miss them, but know they are happy to be together. Family was so important to them, which is one reason this post is titled that. At these times of saddness, it's comforting to have such a great family. We grew up as a very close extended family. And there are many of us. As I sat in the funeral, I was overwhelmed with the amount of family we have and the strength we give one another. The gospel is an amazing thing. My girls really tried to soak it all in. Brooke said," I'm not crying mom cause I know I'll see Grandpa again because Jesus died for us."


This is a picture of my Grandpa with the girls. We stayed with him last Christmas for a few days. The girls just loved being with him.

My Grandpa started making his and my Grandma's caskets a while ago. His was not near finished, so my uncle and cousin had to finish it up right before the funeral. Grandpa would be pleased.

Brooke and Kylie picking dandelions in the cemetery.



Vicki and Lyle, with my parents. They've known eachother since college.

We stayed with my Grandma Barker. The girls wanted to read book after book the whole time. I think this book had about 100pgs. Grandma's can't say no. Some things never change.




I think everyone took their turn reading.
The weather was great. Leaves change color? Not in Arizona...


Grandma made us her famous Texas Sheet Cake. Thanks Grandma for always taking care of us.


4 comments:

Robyn said...

I still don't know how I got lucky enough to be a part of your amazing family. It was a bitter-sweet weekend, but slightly more sweet as we realized again how thankful we are for the Gospel and for family.

CDR said...

Cindy-
What a beautiful post. It is wonderful when we can find peace in tragedy through the gospel. I love the pictures of the girls. I really like the one of Brent and the girls. Brooke is special- I am proud of her, as I am sure you are.
Love you and your fam!

The Carpenter Family said...

That was so sweet! Sorry for your loss!

Chelsey Howard said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa:( That is so sweet what Brooke said about families being together forever:) That's so great that she already knows that:)