The Perkins Family

July 14, 2008

TOBY KEITH & MONTGOMERY GENTRY

Last Thursday, Brent and I went to see Toby Keith and Montgomery Gentry at Cricket Wireless Pavilion. As some might know, it's outdoors and as you can tell from the picture, it was quite stormy that night. Thankfully, we were seated under the covered part. By the time the opening 2 groups performed, the rain started.....And didn't stop. Which of course made the weather cooler. I was freezing by the end. Montgomery Gentry was amazing. We enjoyed their whole performance. Intermission was not just 20 mins, it was an hour and 20 mins due to the fact that all the rain had drained to the front of the stage and buried the speakers and wires. The crew had to dry everything and move it onto the stage. All the drunk people around us made the time go by fast. I wish I had a video camera for all the crazyness. First ten rows of people were up to their knees in water the rest of the concert. Toby Keith was great, too, minus some unneccesary comments. We got home at about 1am.
Us, before the rain began.
Montgomery Gentry

Us during intermission, looking a little wet.

Toby Keith

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That looks fun! Even the rain--it will make it a night you will remember.

Chelsey Howard said...

That looks like so much fun! You guys always do the funnest stuff! I love reading your blog, it gives me ideas:) And the pic. of you guys all rained on makes me sick because you still look perfect.

Amanda said...

So what did Toby Keith say? That looks like so much fun, drunk people can be very entertaining... and the drunk fans too. :)